It’s well-known that a smile is the first thing we notice about other people. A bright, straight and white smile can make a huge impact in how you’re perceived and, as we know, first impressions matter.
But it’s not just others’ perception of you that matters; if you’re not confident in your smile, it affects your entire presence. Your mood, the way you carry yourself and your confidence can all take a major hit if you don’t have a smile that you’re proud of and love to show off.
What Does a Smile Makeover Entail?
Of course, a smile makeover means something completely different for every patient. A full smile makeover might include any of the following:
- Invisalign. Invisalign is a method that straightens your teeth, like braces, but without any wire or brackets. Invisalign uses various clear, custom trays that, little by little, align your teeth. It’s a great way for adults to get the straight teeth they want without having to show up to work in braces.
- Teeth whitening. Though you can buy over-the-counter teeth whitening kits, dentists have access to higher-grade whitening supplies, helping you achieve a whiter smile in less time and with less sensitivity.
- Veneers. Veneers are a material that is placed over the front of your tooth, changing the facade of your tooth but without changing the durability. Plus, because it’s simply placed over top of the tooth, it doesn’t require tooth extraction.
- Dental bonding. Like veneers, dental bonding is applied to the front of the tooth to fix the appearance of gapped teeth, damage or imperfections. However, veneers are more durable and last longer than dental bondings.
- Dental implants. Dental implants are a popular option for patients who have lost a permanent tooth, patients who want to have a fuller-looking jaw and patients who want perfect yet natural looking teeth. Dental implants require tooth extraction, but they can last a lifetime, don’t require any special care and look more natural than alternatives.
- Dentures. Denture technology isn’t quite as up to snuff as dental implants, but for patients whose jaws cannot support dental implants, dentures are a great choice. Dentures now look natural and are easy to care for.
Though all of these options work well for smile makeover patients, some might just want Invisalign and teeth whitening, or simply a few implants. Your smile makeover can be as dramatic or as subtle as you want.
Ready for a Makeover?
At Deluxe Dental, we care about your goals and want to ensure you’re calling the shots every step of the way. Some patients desire a fuller-looking jaw, others want a whiter smile, and that’s why we take great care in listening to your concerns and crafting a smile makeover plan that will leave you smiling wider and feeling more confident.
To schedule an appointment with a Deluxe Dental dentist in Kuna, Idaho, please call (208) 922-1755 today.