Been wanting to achieve a straighter, beautiful smile for years but the thought of metal braces is a major turn off? Fortunately, there are now various orthodontic options that offer a visually pleasing approach! Have you ever heard of Invisalign?
Invisalign is a specific brand of clear aligner that straightens the teeth without using metal brackets and wires. Instead, it uses a durable and flexible material called SmartTrack that delivers a constant, yet much-controlled force to move the teeth. Any orthodontic appliance can cause discomfort, but patients can expect that it is lesser with Invisalign clear aligner.
At Deluxe Dental Group Kuna, we chose to offer Invisalign to our patients not because of its current popularity but the benefits it provides. With that said, here are things to expect when getting the said orthodontic treatment.
The Invisalign Process
Schedule an appointment
It is the initial step that every patient should take. Dentists will have to check the state of the teeth to know if the patient’s condition is fully qualified for the clear aligner treatment.
To have the aligners created, the dentist would first take impressions to get started with the formulation of the treatment plan. The dental professional will take into account the patient’s condition, needs, and preferences to come up with the most suitable course of action and outcome.
As soon as the trays are ready, it will be provided by set and sequence to the patient along with the particular instructions. To secure the best results, aside from a perfectly-fitting device, the cooperation of the patient is a must. Since the trays are removable, they may be tempted not to wear the appliance much. Do know that this will delay the treatment and affect the expected outcome.
Tips to follow
- Take note of the first 48-hour rule. Patients are required to wear the orthodontic device as much as possible, but it goes double for the first two days since this is the time that the teeth move the most.
- Wear the trays for at least 20 to 22 hours every day to stay on track.
- Although trays are durable, they should not be used for chewing foods. Take the aligners off when eating and cleaning to retain its shape.
- Follow the correct schedule and order of the trays when switching out to avoid any unnecessary discomfort.
- See the dentist as advised for them to check the teeth’s progress.
Bring out your best smile with Orthodontic Dentistry in Kuna, ID, book your appointments with Deluxe Dental Group Kuna! Call us to experience an outstanding treatment in making your teeth straighter, beautiful and healthy!