A lot rides on whether you follow the simple yet very important dental care routine. But nevertheless, a lot might go wrong. And that happens when you’re either avoiding your oral hygiene or using the wrong techniques. Follow the steps below to minimize your visit to dental care service.
Clean teeth are fundamental to good oral health. A clean area of contact between your teeth and your gums can prevent periodontal diseases whereas clean teeth surfaces can reduce the risk of cavities.
Below are a few brushing basics:
- Brush your teeth twice a day.
- Use fluoride toothpaste and a soft-bristled toothbrush.
- If you have arthritis or any other problem that interferes with manual brushing, you may opt for electric toothbrushes.
- Gently brush your teeth with circular short back and forth motions.
- Brush for at least two minutes each time.
- Brush the inside, outside, chewing surfaces of your teeth as well as your tongue.
- Clean your toothbrush after you’re done.
Cleaning between your teeth and underneath your gums with a toothbrush is an impossible task. And that’s why daily flossing is needed. While flossing:
- Do not skimp
- Do not snap the flossing into the gums. Be gentle while flossing.
- Floss only one tooth at a time. Unwind fresh floss each time you’re done with a tooth.
- If you do not like flossing or find it hard to handle it, you may use a dental pick, pre-threaded flosser, water flosser, etc.
Apart from the above, the experts at our dental clinic in Kuna advice you to use a fluoride mouthwash daily to promote your oral health. Minimize the use of toothpicks or other objects that could harm your gums. Quit smoking and chewing tobacco immediately.
If you are looking for a dental clinic in Kuna, then reach out to our dental office at Deluxe Dental (Kuna). We are the leading dental office offering the best dental care service in the area.