Did you lose a tooth recently? Is it because of poor oral health or an accident? Know that you are not alone. Tooth loss is actually a common condition experienced by many Americans. Fortunately, various procedures are now available to restore the lost structures and avoid its possible adverse effects. Leaving the situation unattended can lead to the difficulty in performing simple habits such as chewing and speaking.
Dental implants are the most popular treatment wanted by many to give their smiles a second chance. The implants are not teeth; rather they are the structure placed on the supporting structures in the mouth to hold the dental prostheses. Depending on the number of teeth that need to be replaced, a dental crown, bridge, or dentures can be attached.
At Deluxe Dental Group Kuna, we offer restorations that utilize dental implants for a more stable and long-term solution for tooth loss. We can perform all-on-4 or subperiosteal implants depending on the condition and needs of our patients.
All-on-4 implants, as its name implies, uses only four implants that are strategically placed on the jawbone by surgery. It is suitable for patients who need to restore all their teeth at either the top or bottom jaw. Unlike the regular screw-like implants (endosteal), subperiosteal implants are metal frameworks that are placed below the gumline but above the jawbone. It is a good choice for patients who do not have enough bone in the jaw to support endosteal implants.
Benefits of All-on-4 and Subperiosteal Implants
- Implants provide a stable and durable foundation for the restored teeth that patients can enjoy without any worries.
- Eating and speaking are made easy, thanks to the procedure that can effectively fill in the gaps created by tooth loss.
- More patients can now avail dental implants. Endosteal is usually not the best option for those patients with severe bone resorption, with subperiosteal; however, this can be made possible.
- There are not much food restrictions with an implant-supported prosthesis. Patients are free to eat the foods they love without worrying about slipping or breaking.
- Implants eliminate the possible threats to overall oral health. Bone loss and gum recession can occur, which if left unattended can result in serious oral complications like gum disease and tooth loss.
Ready to give your smile a second chance? Avail of our Dental Implants in Kuna, ID and receive a natural-looking restoration you can enjoy at Deluxe Dental Group Kuna!